26 Nov Attract Your Partner This Holiday Season
If you’re single and ready to JINGLE, the holiday season can create the perfect atmosphere to discover a new and exciting relationship.
Think about it – there are so many social gatherings, get-togethers, happy hours, and sending of notes with sweet words of gratitude. This can be a perfect time to realign your thinking and focus on all the beautiful opportunities to meet Mr. or Ms. Right.
So, what are some of the easy things you can do to find a new relationship during the holidays?
First—invest in yourself. Look in your closet for a few outfits* that you look and feel great in and have them ready to go. Make that appointment with your hairdresser that you’ve been putting off. Consider if it’s time to refresh your look. Ask a professional or a trusted friend. This is a simple confidence booster!
*A gentle reminder—even if you love jewelry, it’s best to stay away from your ring finger on your left hand. Potential partners will always look at your hand as a way to gauge your marital status.
Some more tips:
- Is there anyone you are currently attracted to who you could send a personal note to with a cheerful holiday greeting? This makes you stand out, shows you are thoughtful, and will keep you on their radar.
- Take on the role of social director and invite a few friends out for happy hour at a nice lounge. This allows for some festive socializing in a public setting, which will improve your chances of bumping into Mr. or Ms. Right.
- Never turn down an invitation—you never know who may be there!
- Volunteer at your church, temple or place of worship. There are so many people in need during this season, plus what a sweet way to meet likeminded people—it’s a win-win.
- Don’t discount online dating. Be sure to choose a platform that’s right for you. If you are searching for a long-term relationship, stay away from dating sites and apps that are known for a quick or casual hook up (I have no advice for those type of sites except to say “Enter at your own risk!”) Whether you’re a fan of online dating or a skeptic, read my article on “Cracking The Online Dating Code” and start getting your best results ever: https://gemrevealed.com/cracking-the-online-dating-code/
- Consider your communication style. Remain curious. When you meet someone new, remember to ask compelling questions and truly listen to their response without cutting them off or interjecting with your own version of their story. This is a common faux pas. Stay engaged, and never give unsolicited advice!
- Body language. Right now, stop reading—look up, raise your chin, smile, pull your shoulders back, and gently tilt your chest upward. Sit with your back straight, without hunching. These are two-millimeter shifts that completely change how you show up in the world.
These are just a handful of tips that can transform the way you head into the holiday season.
Another gentle reminder—the holiday season can be the best of times and the worst for so many. As the sentiment of holiday cheer rises, some people feel the weight of depression setting in, as it can stimulate memories of pain, loss, rejection, or other emotionally fraught experiences. With that in mind, I encourage anyone who feels plagued with any form of seasonal sadness to get professional help from a qualified coach or counselor.
And remember—there is so much more to maintaining a healthy, long-lasting relationship. Visit gemrevealed.com/media to watch our podcast episodes, read our articles, and subscribe to our monthly newsletter. And most importantly, if you are serious about finding your soulmate, schedule a FREE consultation at calendly.com/gemrevealed to learn what it takes to begin your journey from Self-mastery to Soulmate.